My Photo
Name:
Location: Kalmar, Sweden

I was born in Sheffield in England, but moved to London when I was 12. I've been teaching more or less since I graduated from Teachers' Training College in 1976, though I've taken time-out a couple of times (for example, to be West London Area Manager of one of the biggest office cleaning companies in the UK). I've worked in quite a few countries, such as Angola, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Trinidad and Tobago and Turkey.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Some practice with phonetics

If you want to practise your own phonetic transcription, there's a series of exercises in my Toolbox which I created for my academic students. You'll find them via this page:

http://www.humsam.hik.se/distans/existstud/toolbox.htm


and then click on the Phonetics link.

There are some downloadable worksheets, a series of sound files, and some answers. One of the exercises has some of Michael Rosen's modern tongue-twisters, like this one:

A car wash washes cars. I wish I was washed like a car wash washes cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home